cheeky bugger

friday driving home i heard a flapping noise in my engin and got it home but couldnt see much as it was almost dark, so sat morning me and my dad had a look and thoght it was the cam belt was about to snap as it was hanging on by a thread,

so as it was still under warranty i took it nervously back to the garage, and managed to get it there without the belt snapping as ive had a cam belt snap onme once before now, so the chap had a look at it and mentioned it was the fan belt ah i said it under the warranty isnt it and the guy said yep leave it with us and we'll sort it, and by tea time that same day i got a call saying they had fixed it

so tuesday morning i picked me car up, and just for some information i asked them when i come for my mot how much would a service cost the chap said to start with we charge 105 quid for labour for a service then it could be anything upto 250 quid, my mouth dropped open, i told him i normaly do the service meself on me other cars and said it might of been a change to let someone else do it, but at those prices ill carry on doing the work on this new car meself

i can get the parts including breaks for the service for around 70 quid and it'll takeme a morning to do the work, but what cheek hey

3 comments:

The Preacherman said...

This is Britain mate. Live here get ripped off.

If The Dragon does me the courtesy of shufflin off I'm off to Spain or Portugal. Might get ripped off but at least it's warm ;-)

By the way if you want a bevvie where abouts are you roughly?

farmer dave said...

i live in nottingham, i dont mind coming down to your neck of the woods

The Preacherman said...

might pop up that way end of September. I'll give yer a shout