out of love

what a thing of beauty the doner kebab, it has been a part of my life for the last 10 years most the time there is nothing better than scoffing on a doner after a beer or 2,

but lately i have been falling out of love with one of my fav foods and not going to have any more for a while, i dont know why but the last 3 months or so i have not been to inpressed with them i even left mine sunday night after a couple of mouthfulls wasnt nothing dodgey with the kebab as i watched the chap from my local takeaway lovingly make the kebab, it must be me and my taste buds

i sure hope its just a tempory fault with my taste buds and i return to liking the kebab very soon as the kebab and i have had many enjoyable menorys together over the years its kept me company through many hard times through the years but for now ill have to get along without the endless taste sensations ive had, one of my own crations of the kebab i like when iam super hungry is doner meat 2 burgers cut up chicken tikka with loads of cheese and salad with what ever sauce iamin the mood for at the time but for now bye bye old friend and i hope to munch on you once again in the future





4 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

Been there done that...

the trick is...when you arrive at a point like this...to avoid like the plague...even if you are burning with desire.

Happened to me a few times with Ruby's....had to back off a week or two.

Tell you what though. You stay away a minimum of 2 weeks and they taste like food of the Gods from there on.

Until the next time when you have back off a fortnight or so again.

Taste buds are strange things eh?

farmer dave said...

yeah they are strange taste buds i never liked blue stilton or beetroot untill 18 months ago now cant get enough think ill fall back in love with the kebab soon enoughi hope so anyway

BBC said...

These days I just eat to live, not live to eat. When I get down to a 140 pounds I have to force myself to eat a little more even though I'm not hungry, I hardly ever feel hungry anymore and if I do just a little something makes it go away.

I often just eat one small meal a day, odd I know but it's all I need.

Back in the days when I worked hard and most of my jobs where hard work I ate like a pig but burned it all up and never did get overweight.

Never been overweight in my life, lucky that way I guess.

farmer dave said...

i totaly agree billy but every now and again i do like to have a bit of what i fancy and have a bit of a binge nothing over the top and me kebab moment was one of them lol hows your brew goign by the way