tescos being wankers

i was listening to radio nottingham our local radio station earlyer today and the presenter was having a disscusion about this chap who owned a pub and lived in this village for the last 15 years he also was a member of the pub watch scheme he went to tescos with his 17 year old daughter to do a bit of a food shop and buy some wine,

upon paying for the things he brough from tescos the checkout person said they couldnt sell the wine to him cos he might of gave it to his daughter, i know tesco and some ofther supermakets now have if you dont look 25 you'll need to show your id, but this is taking things a bit to far i think, so now what do you have to do keep the kids at home when you do your food shopping or get someone to look after your kids if you have no one else when you go to the supermarket to buy beer or wine

i know we need to check for peoples id if the person selling beer or wine to someone they dont think looks old enough but it is taking the piss when the checkout person wouldnt serve you the drink cos you may give it to someone who you with is underage

even ive been asked for id lately when iwent to tescos i went to do a monthly shop and i stocked up ona bit of booze the woman before i started to pack my bags asked me for id i looked at her a little shocked as ive not been asked for id for a long time i had non with me and i was unshaven and iam 33 i asked her if she was being serious and she said she wanted id

as i had non she wouldnt serve me the 2 people behinde me looked a bit bemused i was a bit pissed off as i spent 30 minuets walking round tescos loaded up 100 quids worth of food and beer it was all most all layed out on the till after a bit of talking to her i said well you can keep all this as iam not coming back to pick me beer up at a later stage she said i could take me food i said in a not so nice way thanks but no thanks you can keep the lot, i did get a clap from the 2 people behind me the check out girl looked a bit pissed off but i didnt give a damm

and to this day ive never steped in to a tesco i went to asda the next day to do my montly food shop i did take id and the woman on the check out did ask for my id i gave it to her and she was supprised i was 33 she said i didnt look bad for a 33 year old, the woman was much plesnter and she did say they were doing this new rule that if you dont look 25 you will be asked for id and i had no problem with that at all i think i was more pissed the previous day cos the womans attitude at tescos think thats what wound me up more

yes i do understand we have to check for people who are underage but i think its going a bit nutts when you go to do your food shooping and buy a bottle of wine or beer only to be told we cant serve you it cos you may give it to your child come on tesco wankers use some common sence for once

3 comments:

BBC said...

That's interesting, almost everyone shops with their kids here. Except for hard booze, we have to go to state owned liqueur stores in this state for it and kids aren't allowed in them.

But beer and wine is available almost everywhere.

The mash is slowing down a lot, getting a perk about every 23 seconds now, it should stop working in a day or so then I guess I'll just let it sit for a few days before straining it. ???

Hell, I don't know what I'm doing, I'm just doing it is all.

DILLIGAF said...

I complained at Sainsburys cause they didn't ask me for ID. I said "Do I look that bleedin' ancient then?!"....the check out girl looked slightly alarmed...can't think why

farmer dave said...

this country just start to need to apply some common sence thats all or theres going to bea lot of unhappy people around