my dad

hello all hows blog land for you lot just thought i'd mention me dad what a great chap, he is nearly 60 brainy as fuck till it comes to programming the video machine can do all sorts of stuff you name it he can do it

one crimbo when i lived in chelmsford my cam belt snaped on my car, gave him a call he got me home, when we had a few quats to fix my car from other people he said bring me car home and he fixed it, was a lot of work involved, basicly a engin rebuild he did it crimbo week which was he worked outside in the freezing cold but he fixed my car and hardly cost fuck all

all in all a great chap we go out drinking quite a lot again now ive moved back home, we're more like mates rather than farther and son, he took me out for my 1st pint when i was 14 years old as he didnt want me to get pissed on cheap cider with me mates on a field instead he introduced me to great beers and whiskey and by the age of 16 i was a regular at one of my locals

one of the storys i do want to tell is one camping trip to dovedale was a easter weekend, him and his mates all a lot older then me did a yearly camp out always at easter and always according to my dad a piss up, one year he took me i was 14 i think but that didnt matter as i knew all his mates and they took me as a equal

gets to the camp site pitch the tents up and the friday have a few beers, next morning after brekky me dad wanted a walk up a hill i said fine, packed a rucksack with a tin of soup bread tea and a few other bits and bobs and including a primer stove,

starts walking up one of the hills and it was lovely nice sun and walking up the hill we didnt think half way up the hill the path would be frozen, but to our luck it was, now i says what do we do my dad says we cant realy go back down? so the only way was up

but i mentioned how as the path is frozen my dad being my dad mentioned climbing up the hill face, i looked at hime horrified as iam not much of a hights perosn let alone of climbing a rock face with no ropes or and safty equipment

anyway after a bit of talking me round we starts to climb the rock face by this tme we were 1000ft up this sodding big hill, clibming on the rock face iam shaking like a leave, all my dad says is dont look down and what did i do ? i looks down

i freeze me dad below me using his head to nuge me up inch by nich, we do get up the hill in the end dont know how the fuck we did but we did, when we got to the top the ground was thick of snow amost to your knee caps, was amazing realy my dad was ready for a drink by now so we got the primer stove out and did some soup and bread,

the soup and bread was well needed i can tell yeh, thick snow everywhere and all i could think of how the fuck was we going to get back down, and with my dad being my dad he already knew that the walk down the other side would be much easyer and it was a nice 40 min stroll and was back down the hill and i did enjoy it in the end after being terrified of the climb up and everything else

i could go on and tell you more storys like the time we cooked breakfast on pinedine sands in wales and me getting lost in skeggy and my parents calling the sea and air services out for me but that will be another post in the near future

iam ready for bed so stay safe as theres madduns about

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

More dad tales mate. He sounds bloody brilliant.

I bought Jax her first vodka at 14. Same reason as yer dad did you wi beer.

Bein' a gymnast she didn't drink a lot but now she's retired she can nearly match me.

Oh dear....

Anonymous said...

when we went on hoiliday the other week he had a bit of a thurst on one day so we had a bit of a drinky session, he didnt want to be beat and i didnt when we both got into double figures he said sod it shall we get some food and i said yep why not, a good day that was