music

ever since i was young ive liked music i like a lot of music but my favourite music is blues and rock, only realy got into rock and blues when i was about 15 and i think thats when i started to build a bit of a collection, i used to buy records and tapes even had evenings when me and a couple of mates used to copy each others tapes and records onto tape i used to like listening to records and tapes so much it took me ages to get onto cd's


in time i did as my old hi - fi chewed 1 to many of my tapes up and thgouht sod it iam going onto cd, i also brought a brand new hi fi back when i did i payed 600 quid for it top of the range thing it was ive still got it and still plays okay but i hardly use it, it is in fact boxed up in the loft at home


i did get into cd's in a big way i used to copy friends cd's and they used to copy mine and built up a bit of a collection, the time i spent copying friends cd's making the covers for the cd's and so on but that was part of the job, again as time went on i started to use my comptuter for my music collection, at 1st i downloaded music then burned it onto cd got a collection of around 600 cd's built up,


i started to run out of room for my cd collection as technoglogy got better and cheaper i started to think what i could do to inprove or change how i listen to my music,


i brought myself a external hard drive i copyed all my cd's onto the hard drive, then i brought a ipod a great thing to have, so with me having all my music collection at a touch of a button and in one location it was easy to just put songs on my ipod and use that, i even got a ipod docking station so i could plug it into the station and listen to music on the ipod in the house


now i finding i can still buy or download music as and wheni want to and not worry about running out of room, with itunes and media player it give you so much more options you can make play lists so you can have what ever songs you want and all sorts the best thing a hi fi could give you was a 3 or 6 draw cd changer which it a bit wanky by todays standards


ive even gone to the extent to having a ipod radio car player put in my car, i still can play a cd but with how i listen to music now i dont think ill use a cd much at all

i wonder what the next 10 years will bring with technology wise be intresting to see

2 comments:

Biddie said...

I love my ipod. I laugh when I think about the walkman that my dad got me for Christmas when I was about 12. It was cutting edge and the only tapes that I had to listen to were ABBA.
I can still remember the first tape that I bought with my own money (Wham! Make It Big), but I have no idea when was the last time that I bought a cd.

farmer dave said...

i had a walkman myself with big headphones my 1st tape i brought was one of those now thats what i call music things, and ive not brought a cd for 2 years now at least and think the last cd i brought was the beatles sgt peppers lonely hearts club band