the gym and 1st day back at work

today is my 1st day back towork after 3 weeks off as ive been off work for 3 weeks and hardly done anything at all as in gym or cycling i was suprised that i only put 3 lbs in weight on, but saying that ive not realy gone over the top with eating or drinking so i wasnt expecting a big weight gain anyway my main concern was my fittness level

so i went to the gym today as its open again as its works gym and with the uni being closed the gym was closed but it was open last week when the uni opened but i was off work fighting a cold and i wasnt up for much at all so i stopped in and kepted warm well i went ot the gym during my dinner break and was suprised that i hadnt lost any of my fitness

infact i was realy suprised goodness knows how i managed it maybe it was playfighting with my girlfriend or whatever but iam pleased wiht the fact ive not lost any of my fitness, now its the case of getting my routine sorted as in going to bed and getting up and being active as i want to get up at 6am most mornings and get out for a hour for a walk / run along with my gym work, the problem ive been having for the last couple of months is not the waking up is the getting out of bed

i wake up around 6am most morings i say 10 more mins and find out when i wake up again i have had another 2 - 3 hours sleep and its 9am, but the last couplel of days i have been making a effort in trying to get up ive been getting up at 8am better but iam sure i can do better and make the most of my morning

and with it being my 1st day back at work after a 3 week break from work i was suprised to find the lake still frozen over in most places its been like this since and before i broke up from work 23rd december, ive not missed much by the sounds of things and life is returning to the uni after the crimbo break

and talking of which i best get some work done tme to kick some students out and lock some buildings up

3 comments:

Biddie said...

A three week holiday? Thst sounds wonderful!
I hate getting up early and I am not very good at it, but I am working on that.
How was the first day back?

DILLIGAF said...

You used the 'W' word....

...shiver...;-)

Beers this year old bean. I will crash on your floor. Probably mid June/July if you can manage that?

farmer dave said...

i can manage sooner dinners, was thinking end of the month i also have a sofa bed so no need to crash on the floor

and biddie well the uni gsve me 2 weeks off and i took another 5 days off work, yeah it was nice having all that time off but i was ready to go back to work tho,